Teaching Business English
Do or would you like to teach Business English?
Then this course is for you!
As a TEFL teacher it’s important to have as many options open to you as possible. With English as a global language the demand for Business English teachers is growing significantly. This course allows you to improve your teaching skills and work as an in-company teacher.
By the end of this blended course you:
- will have all the knowledge and skills to teach Business English to different levels and students with different business backgrounds.
- will be able to design a course adapted to your students´ needs
- will have enhanced your CV including a Teaching Business English Certificate.
1 day (7 hours) at our centre in Malaga + 23 hours online
Course fee: €199
Duration: 30 hours – Max 3 months to complete the course
Trainer: Charles Marshall & Paul Hurst
Face to face dates:
Friday 4th August 2017 from 10am to 6pm including a lunch break.
Saturday 9th September 2017 from 10am to 6pm including a lunch break
Special offer 1: Sign up with a friend and get 50% discount p.p.
Special offer 2: Sign up for more than one teacher development course and get 50% discount per course
1. What is Business English?
Business English definitions
Types of Business English
Business English contexts
2. Create a Needs Analysis
Setting SMART goals
3. Course Design
Negotiating the syllabus
4. Selecting and developing materials
Learner produced materials
5. Speaking Skills for Business
Socializing & Small talk
Presentations and meetings
6. Writing Skills for Business
Genres of Business Writing
7. Teaching 1-1 classes
Role-plays and simulations
8. Teaching Business English to groups
Evaluation and assessment:
- You will have to complete all the course tasks to a satisfactory standard in order to receive the Teaching Business English Certificate.
- You will have to fully participate, both face-to-face and online.
- Must be a certified teacher
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be a native / fluent English speaker.
Please send us an e-mail with your CV to email@example.com to sign-up. Then you’ll receive the payment details.
Matilda Marshall: The course was very fulfilling, having prepared for a few Business English classes recently I was looking forward to learning about some new techniques and strategies. I was not disappointed! Thank you for another day as a student, an absorbing and stimulating atmosphere and some great tips for structuring my future teaching.
Richard Grainger: I found the Teaching Business English course useful and motivating. The content was expertly delivered by Paul and Charles but also stimulating and challenging. There was a great atmosphere in the class.
Elizabeth McCormack: I really enjoyed it. I signed up to keep my teaching options open and didn’t really know what to expect but was pleasantly surprised. I had lots of fun as well and found the course to be very informative.
Dave Keeton: I found this course very useful. The input from Paul and Charles was great. They gave me a lot of ideas about how to start working with both individual students and groups. The information was infiltrated with examples of their own extensive experience. The role play activity that we worked on throughout was great fun and the pre and post-course tasks supported everything learnt. Thank you!