Teaching Business English
Do or would you like to teach Business English?
Then this course is for you!
As a TEFL teacher it’s important to have as many options open to you as possible. With English as a global language the demand for Business English teachers is growing significantly. This course allows you to improve your teaching skills and work as an in-company teacher.
By the end of this blended course you:
- will have all the knowledge and skills to teach Business English to different levels and students with different business backgrounds.
- will be able to design a course adapted to your students´ needs
- will have enhanced your CV including a Teaching Business English Certificate.
- Blended Course: 1 day (7 hours) or 2 days (3.5 hours each) at our centre in Málaga+ 23 hours online
Online component to be completed before the face to face day.
- Duration: 30 hours
1. What is Business English?
- Business English definitions
- Types of Business English
- Business English contexts
2. Create a Needs Analysis
- Needs analysis
- Learning Preferences
- Setting SMART goals
3. Course Design
- Setting objectives
- Syllabus components
- Negotiating the syllabus
4. Selecting and developing materials
- Published materials
- Authentic materials
- Learner produced materials
5. Speaking Skills for Business
- Socializing & Small talk
- Presentations and meetings
6. Writing Skills for Business
- Genres of Business Writing
- Correcting errors
7. Teaching 1-1 classes
- Managing conversation
- Giving feedback
- Role-plays and simulations
8. Teaching Business English to groups
- Managing classes
- Giving feedback
- Business Games
Evaluation and assessment:
- You will have to complete all the course tasks to a satisfactory standard in order to receive the Teaching Business English Certificate.
- You will have to fully participate, both face-to-face and online.
- Must be a certified teacher
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be a native / fluent English speaker
Quirien van Unen: I would definitely recommend this course! I feel more confident teaching Business English now. Very insightful set of resources and tools provided to us. We didn’t only leave with a ready to work with syllabus but also a new outlook on Business English as a teaching field!
Arjan: Very vivid and useful course which gave me the tools to start teaching Business English.
Alicja: Great course! We looked at some very useful resources and the needs analysis session was very insightful. I feel much more prepared to teach Business English now!
Vivian Bache: I thoroughly recommend doing this course which is very informative. The pre-course work is extensive but very interesting and even if you don’t intend teaching Business English immediately, it will broaden your attitude for teaching.
Amanda Sijstermans: I loved this course! I’ve got many new teaching ideas and I feel confident to start working as a Business English trainer. Thank you, Esme!
Anna Bouman: During the course, I especially learned a lot about how to make a need analysis and to set goals and objectives. It was great to have so much input for resources, I will definitely use them.
Martin Parry: Really good day. Lots of pointers for the resources and ideas specific to business students. I think I might have been avoiding this client group up to now, but now I can see that this “world” is more open to me. Well paced and professionally delivered. Thank you!
Steph Edghill: Very practical and useful course from the pre-course materials to the final one-day session. Every aspect considered from needs analysis to learner preferences with a wealth of resources and ideas for activities. Enthusiastic and knowledgeable trainer!
Ilona Narusberg: Thank you for a great opportunity to learn new techniques in teaching Business English and English for Specific Purposes. I enjoyed the pre-course tasks, course curriculum and the face-to-face day training.
Bhavna Shahdadpuri: The course has served its purpose totally. I feel confident to start teaching Business English. The trainer was dynamic and very encouraging. I loved the training course as it covered many of the areas regarding teaching Business English and English for Specific Purposes. Thank you!
Gary Garcia: This course was very informative, well structured and entertaining. I have come along way with the knowledge, confidence and resources to be able to start teaching Business English.
Andrew Stock: I really enjoyed the course and have more than enough knowledge and resources to be able to teach Business English confidently.
Elena Hunter: I found the course very interesting and the day flew by. I enjoyed every minute. The course has given me great ideas to be a better teacher.
1. Friday 25th May 10:00 – 18:00 (1 hr lunch)
2. Friday 29th June 10:00 – 18:00 (1 hr lunch)
3. Friday 3rd August 10:00 – 18:00 (1 hr lunch)
4. Friday 7th September 10:00 – 18:00 (1hr lunch)
Save with our SPECIAL OFFERS!
Special offer 1: Sign up with a friend and get 50% discount p.p.
Special offer 2: Sign up for more than one teacher development course and get 50% discount per course