Teaching Business English
Do or would you like to teach Business English?
Then this course is for you!
As a TEFL teacher it’s important to have as many options open to you as possible. With English as a global language the demand for Business English teachers is growing significantly. This course allows you to improve your teaching skills and work as an in-company teacher.
By the end of this blended course you:
- will have all the knowledge and skills to teach Business English to different levels and students with different business backgrounds.
- will be able to design a course adapted to your students´ needs
- will have enhanced your CV including a Teaching Business English Certificate.
- Blended Course: 1 day (7 hours) at our centre in Málaga+ 23 hours online
Online component to be completed before the face to face day.
- Duration: 30 hours
1. What is Business English?
- Business English definitions
- Types of Business English
- Business English contexts
2. Create a Needs Analysis
- Needs analysis
- Learning Preferences
- Setting SMART goals
3. Course Design
- Setting objectives
- Syllabus components
- Negotiating the syllabus
4. Selecting and developing materials
- Published materials
- Authentic materials
- Learner produced materials
5. Speaking Skills for Business
- Socializing & Small talk
- Presentations and meetings
6. Writing Skills for Business
- Genres of Business Writing
- Correcting errors
7. Teaching 1-1 classes
- Managing conversation
- Giving feedback
- Role-plays and simulations
8. Teaching Business English to groups
- Managing classes
- Giving feedback
- Business Games
Evaluation and assessment:
- You will have to complete all the course tasks to a satisfactory standard in order to receive the Teaching Business English Certificate.
- You will have to fully participate, both face-to-face and online.
- Must be a certified teacher
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be a native / fluent English speaker
Ilona Narusberg: Thank you for a great opportunity to learn new techniques in teaching Business English and English for Specific Purposes. I enjoyed the pre-course tasks, course curriculum and the face-to-face day training.
Bhavna Shahdadpuri: The course has served it´s purpose totally. I feel confident to start teaching Business English. The trainer was dynamic and very encouraging. I loved the training course as it covered many of the areas regarding teaching Business English and English for Specific Purposes. Thank you!
Gary Garcia: This course was very informative, well structured and entertaining. I have come along way with the knowledge, confidence and resources to be able to start teaching Business English.
Andrew Stock: I really enjoyed the course and have more than enough knowledge and resources to be able to teach Business English confidently.
Elena Hunter: I found the course very interesting and the day flew by. I enjoyed every minute. The course has given me great ideas to be a better teacher.
1. Friday 6th October 2017
2.Friday 10th November 2017
3. Friday 12th January 2018
10 am – 6 pm
Save with our SPECIAL OFFERS!
Special offer 1: Sign up with a friend and get 50% discount p.p.
Special offer 2: Sign up for more than one teacher development course and get 50% discount per course