The Trinity Cert TESOL Spain
Our 4-week and 8-week Trinity Cert TESOL courses in Malaga provide you with all the required skills and knowledge to work successfully as an English teacher.
No previous teaching experience is required to take the course: you just need to have a high level of written and spoken English and a positive attitude towards education.
Our training team is made up of experienced and qualified professionals who will help you become the best teacher you can be.
The Trinity College London Certificate TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) is the highest TEFL qualification (same as the CELTA), validated by Trinity College London and recognised by the British Council and employers worldwide. Credits are also awarded towards degree programmes offered by universities in the UK.
The Trinity Cert TESOL course is a combination of:
- Guided lesson preparation and observed teaching practice. Our training team will guide you through the teaching process, from assisting you with lesson preparation to assessing and giving constructive feedback on your classes to real students of English.
- Input sessions related to English language teaching
- Individual assignments
This course is validated by Trinity College and covers all 5 units of the Trinity Cert TESOL qualification:
Unit 1: Teaching Skills
- Classroom teaching practice (when you prepare lessons and teach students).
- Classroom teaching practice will be assessed by your course tutors.
- Self-evaluation of your classroom teaching practice.
- Observation of experienced teachers.
- Teaching Practice Journal to be submitted at the end of the course.
Unit 2: Language Awareness
- Develop your understanding of grammar, vocabulary and phonology through attending input sessions taught by the class tutors.
- Written exam to test your understanding near the end of the course.
Unit 3: Learner Profile
- Interview, prepare a 1-to-1 lesson for (i.e. a private lesson) and teach this lesson to a real English language learner.
- Produce a written assignment describing what you learnt about the learner, their first language and also details and an assessment of the lesson you taught. This will be assessed by the course tutors.
Unit 4: Materials Assignment
- Create a set of materials for your classroom teaching practice during the course.
- Produce a short report describing how and why you created them and how effective they were.
- This will be assessed through an interview with Trinity moderator on final day.
Unit 5: Unknown Language
- Participate as a student in 4 unknown language lessons.
- Produce a written journal describing your experience and how this will influence your teaching.
- Teaching Business English
- Teaching young learners
- Songs in the classroom
- ICT in the classroom
- How to evaluate and test students
Working in ELT
- How to write an effective CV
- How to interview well
- How to find work in Spain and worldwide
- All 5 units must be passed, during the course or through referral
- In the case of referral, trainees must complete the work to the required grade of the course
- Trainees will not be allowed to offset pass marks achieved in one unit against fail marks from other units.
- Candidates should be 18 or over by the start of the course
- Candidates should be able to work at a university level
- Have an awareness and competence in written and spoken English to enable them to follow the course
- Non-native speakers are required to prove their language competence by one of the following:
– Trinity graded examination in spoken English, Grade 10 or above;
– Cambridge ESOL Certificate in Advanced or Proficiency in English;
– IELTS band 7.0 (on all sub-scores) or above;
– Pitman Advanced ESOL examination;
– TOEFL (PBT 600, CBT 250, iBT 10;
– (Skype) interview to assess their level of English
- All candidates are required to conduct a pre-course interview, either at our centre or via Skype
Timetable: 4-week full-time Trinity cert TESOL
- Full-time Trinity cert TESOL course (4 weeks)
Monday to Friday from 9am to 5.30pm, including some short breaks and a lunch break.
Timetable: 8-week part-time Trinity cert TESOL
- Part-time Trinity cert TESOL course (8 weeks)
EITHER Mondays and Wednesdays from 9am to 1pm OR
Tuesday & Thursday from 5:30pm to 9.30pm
+ Friday from 9am to 5:30pm
- 4 to 15 trainees per course
What can I expect from the course?
Our 4-week course is intensive; there is a lot to learn in a short period of time so that you leave our school best equipped to be confident in the classroom.
The part-time course is still intense but less demanding. We suggest this solution to those who have some other commitments or need some more time to study.
You can expect to follow a basic daily routine: Teaching practice, feedback time, input sessions and guided lesson planning.
Please note that you’ll also need the evenings and weekends to work on your assignments and lesson plans. Have a look at our full-time Course timetable and graduate testimonials to get a first hand account of what to expect from the course.