SUZANNE FURSTNER TEFL SCHOLARSHIP 2019
2019 Scholarship Prize:
*Entries to be received by 1st June. The winner announced the first week of July 2019.
- Non-EU applicants can apply (requirement is that you can travel for the 5-week course. Please contact your embassy to check the visa requirements).
1st Prize: Free TEFL Course!
FREE 5-week accredited Trinity CertTESOL Course, including accommodation and moderation fee. Valid at TEFL in Spain in Malaga. Course date 5th August to 6th September 2019. The course includes a 1-week break from 20th – 24th August for Malaga Feria. This will make the time of the course for you extra special! The winner will also be invited to keep a ‘blog’ of their TEFL experiences.
Free Online TEFL Intro Course for all applicants!
TEFL in Spain will also award a 30-hour FREE Online TEFL Intro Course (usually €49) to all applicants that take part in the competition. If after completing our TEFL Intro Course you decide to sign up for our Trinity CertTESOL Course, €49 will be deducted from the course fee.
The Suzanne Furstner Foundation:
Enter the annual writing competition for the SUZANNE FURSTNER SCHOLARSHIP 2019. The Suzanne Furstner Foundation (SFF) funds this Scholarship in collaboration with the language school TEFL in Spain in Malaga, enabling aspiring TEFL teachers from all over the world to join an accredited teacher training course at a Trinity validated training centre in Malaga. The Suzanne Foundation supports language and educational training across the world and was set up in 2006 in loving memory of Suzanne Furstner.
· For more information about the Suzanne Furstner Foundation, click here and search for “Contest 2019″.
The Writing Competition:
The winner will need to express his or her wish wish to become a TEFL teacher in an essay of one and a half A4 pages (1000/1500 words). Tell us about your motivation to go abroad and your wish to teach the English language to non-native speakers.
Included in the Scholarship
- 5-week accredited Trinity CertTESOL course
- Moderation fees (Trinity College London CertTESOL Qualification)
- Accommodation for the 5-week period (room in a shared apartment).
What can I expect from the course?
Our 5-week course is intensive – there is a lot to learn in a short period of time so that you leave our school best equipped to be confident in the classroom. Please note that you’ll also need the evenings and weekends to work on your assignments and lesson plans. Have a look at our full-time course timetable and graduate testimonials to get a first hand account of what to expect from the course.
- All entries to be received by 1st June 2019
- Candidates should be 18 or over by the start of the course
- Candidates should be able to travel in the EU for the 5-weeks of the course (tourist visa if a non-EU applicant).
- Candidates should be able to work at a university academic level
- Have an awareness and competence in written and spoken English to enable them to follow the course
- Non-native speakers are required to prove their language competence by one of the following:
– Trinity graded examination in spoken English, Grade 10 or above;
– Cambridge ESOL Certificate in Advanced or Proficiency in English;
– IELTS band 7.0 (on all sub-scores) or above;
– Pitman Advanced ESOL examination;
– TOEFL (PBT 600, CBT 250, iBT 10;
– (Skype) interview to assess their level of English
- All candidates are required to conduct a pre-course interview, either at our centre or via Skype
Send your entry by the 1st June to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will select the winning entry.
TEFL in Spain will contact the winner to set up a skype interview to complete the required application documents for the course. Thereafter we will announce the winner in the first week of July. The winner will be invited to keep a daily blog of their experience during his or her stay in Malaga.
All applicants will be contacted to be awarded the free Online TEFL Intro Course.