2018 TEFL in Spain Suzanne Furstner Scholarship – Writing Competition.
2018 Scholarship Prize:
*Winner announced the first week of July.
1st Prize: Free TEFL Course!
FREE 5-week accredited Trinity CertTESOL Course, including accommodation and moderation fee. Valid at TEFL in Spain in Malaga. Course date 30th July to 1st September 2018. The course includes a 1-week break from the 13th August – 17th August for Malaga Feria. This will make the time of the course for you extra special! The winner will also be invited to keep a ‘blog’ of their experiences throughout the TEFL course.
Free Online TEFL Intro Course for all applicants!
TEFL in Spain will also award a 30-hour FREE Online TEFL Intro Course (usually €49) to all applicants that take part in the competition. If after completing our TEFL Intro Course you decide to sign up for our Trinity CertTESOL Course, €49 will be deducted from the course fee.
The Suzanne Furstner Foundation:
TEFL in Spain hereby proudly announce their collaboration in the annual writing competition for the Suzanne Furstner Foundation. The foundation funds an annual scholarship enabling aspiring TEFL teachers from all the world to take a training course.
Suzanne Furstner was the head of Cactus Tefl before she passed away after a road accident in Spain. The foundation was set up in her memory to support language and education training across the world.
· For more information about the Suzanne Furstner Foundation, click here and search for “Contest 2018″.
The Writing Competition:
The winner will need to express his or her wish wish to become a TEFL teacher in an essay of one and a half A4 pages – maximum 1500 words. Tell us what makes you wish to be abroad and why you would like to teach English as a foreign language. All entries must be received by 1st June 2018.
Included in the Scholarship
- 5-week accredited Trinity CertTESOL course
- Moderation fees (Trinity CertTESOL Qualification)
- Accommodation for the 5-week period (room in a shared apartment).
What can I expect from the course?
Our 4-week course is intensive – there is a lot to learn in a short period of time so that you leave our school best equipped to be confident in the classroom. Please note that you’ll also need the evenings and weekends to work on your assignments and lesson plans. Have a look at our full-time course timetable and graduate testimonials to get a first hand account of what to expect from the course.
- All entries to be received by 1st June 2018
- Candidates should be 18 or over by the start of the course
- Candidates should be able to travel and work in the EU.
- Candidates should be able to work at a university level
- Have an awareness and competence in written and spoken English to enable them to follow the course
- Non-native speakers are required to prove their language competence by one of the following:
– Trinity graded examination in spoken English, Grade 10 or above;
– Cambridge ESOL Certificate in Advanced or Proficiency in English;
– IELTS band 7.0 (on all sub-scores) or above;
– Pitman Advanced ESOL examination;
– TOEFL (PBT 600, CBT 250, iBT 10;
– (Skype) interview to assess their level of English
- All candidates are required to conduct a pre-course interview, either at our centre or via Skype
Send your entry by the 1st June to email@example.com and we will select the winning entry.
TEFL in Spain will contact the winner to set up a skype interview to complete the required application documents for the course. Thereafter we will announce the winner in the first week of July. The winner will be invited to keep a daily blog of their experience during his or her stay in Malaga.
All applicants will be contacted to be awarded the free Online TEFL Intro Course.