Teaching Business English
Are you interested in teaching in-company classes?
Would you like to build a syllabus for private one-to-one classes?
Are you interested in teaching Business English or English for Specific Purposes?
Then this course is for you! Apply
As a TEFL teacher, it’s important to have as many options open to you as possible. With English as a global language, the demand for Business English teachers is growing significantly. This course allows you to improve your teaching skills and work as an in-company teacher.
By the end of this 2-day course you:
- will have all the knowledge and skills to teach Business English to different levels and students with different business backgrounds.
- will be able to design a course adapted to your students´ needs
- will have enhanced your CV including a Teaching Business English Certificate.
- Course: 2 days (3 hours each day) at our centre in Málaga + online tasks
the online component to be completed before and/or after face to face days.
1. What is Business English?
- Business English definitions
- Differences between general and Business English
2. Create a Needs Analysis
- Needs analysis
- Setting SMART goals and objectives
3. Course Design
- Syllabus components
- Published and authentic materials
- Learner produced materials
4. Speaking & Writing Skills for Business
- Socializing & small talk
- Presentations and meetings
- Must be a certified teacher
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be a native/fluent English speaker
Quirien van Unen:
I would definitely recommend this course! I feel more confident in teaching Business English now. Very insightful set of resources and tools provided to us. We didn’t only leave with a ready to work with the syllabus but also a new outlook on Business English as a teaching field!
Great course! We looked at some very useful resources and the needs analysis session was very insightful. I feel much more prepared to teach Business English now!
I thoroughly recommend doing this course which is very informative. The pre-course work is extensive but very interesting and even if you don’t intend teaching Business English immediately, it will broaden your attitude for teaching.
Really good day! Lots of pointers for the resources and ideas specific to business students of English for Specific Purposes. I think I might have been avoiding this client group up to now, but now I can see that this “world” is more open to me. Well paced and professionally delivered. Thank you!
Very practical and useful course from the pre-course materials to the final one-day session. Every aspect considered from needs analysis to learner preferences with a wealth of resources and ideas for activities. Enthusiastic and knowledgeable trainer!
The course has served its purpose totally. I feel confident to start teaching Business English. The trainer was dynamic and very encouraging. I loved the training course as it covered many of the areas regarding teaching Business English and English for Specific Purposes. Thank you!
Face-to-Face Tuesday 5th & Wednesday 6th May 2020 From 15:00 – 18:00 (both days)
Save with our SPECIAL OFFER!
Special offer 1: Sign up for 3 courses for €249