Teaching Young Learners Course
Why should I take the Teaching Young Learners Course?
This course is ideal if you:
- Plan to specialise in teaching English to young learners in your future career.
- They are currently teaching English to young learners and would like to develop a greater understanding of successful methods for the classroom.
As a TEFL teacher, it’s important to have as many options open to you as possible. You don’t want to limit yourself to teaching just one age group, but by taking specialist modules, it allows you to improve your teaching skills and your CV will be more competitive.
This course provides you with the right skills and uses tried and tested techniques to give you a targeted approach to teaching young and very young learners.Apply
- Course: 1 day (6 hours at our centre in Málaga+ online tasks)
the online component to be completed before and/or after face to face days.
- Young Learner Needs and Profiles
- Very Young Learners
- Songs in the Classroom
- Games, TPR and Learning through Movement
- Motivation and Classroom Management
- Teaching Vocabulary
- Grammar is Fun
- Teaching Teens
- Lesson Planning
Evaluation and assessment
- You will have to complete all the course tasks to a satisfactory standard in order to receive the Teaching Young Learners Certificate.
- Must be a certified teacher
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be a native level/ fluent English speaker
Ingrid den Hollander:
I really enjoyed this course. In just a few hours I learned how teaching young learners is different from teaching adults. I wasn’t sure whether I wanted to teach the very young learners before, but I am now excited to try it. I particularly liked the face-to-face lessons, which were fun and informative. I got a lot of ideas for games and activities that I will be able to use in the classroom. I would recommend the course to anyone who wants to be creative as a teacher and/or is curious about teaching young learners.
This course has been a great help to me. Thank you! I now feel more confident with ways to manage the classroom and prepare resources for young learners. I now have lots of ideas for games, activities, stories, and songs to use in the classroom. I now know how to plan and develop my own lessons. I found it particularly helpful to share ideas on adapting tasks for different age groups and to hear the teacher’s tips and suggestions in relation to teaching vocabulary and managing games effectively.
Dr. Amanda Sepahzad:
The young learner course took me back to my childhood and reminded me of the beautiful and happy days I spent at school. The course showed me how to become a fun, creative and motivating teacher within the classroom. No matter what their cultural background is, a child is a child – so it is important to enhance their learning potential, not only in an academic manner but also through games, songs and arts. These are all vital to their cognitive development.
Wednesday 6th & Thursday 7th May 2020
From 11:00 – 14:00 (both days)
Save with our SPECIAL OFFER!
Special offer 1: Sign up for 3 Teacher Development courses for €249