Teaching Young Learners Course
Why should I take the Teaching Young Learners Course?
This course is ideal if you:
- Plan to specialise in teaching English to young learners in your future career.
- Are currently teaching English to young learners and would like to develop a greater understanding of successful methods for the classroom.
As a TEFL teacher it’s important to have as many options open to you as possible. You don’t want to limit yourself to teaching just one age group, but by taking specialist modules, it allows you to improve your teaching skills and your CV will be more competitive.
This course provides you with the right skills and uses tried and tested techniques to give you a targeted approach to teaching children between 4 and 12 years old. Teachers of teenagers are also welcome.
- Blended Course: 2 days (3.5 hours each day) at our centre in Malaga + optional teaching practice + 23 hours online
Online component to be completed before and/or after face to face days.
- Introductory unit
- Young Learners and Language Learning
- Teaching YL’s Vs teaching adults
- Lesson Planning
- Classroom Management
- Learning styles and multiple intelligences
- Motivation, Discipline and Teaching Teenagers
- Teaching the four skills
- Assessment methods with YL’s
- Learning through movement
- Using Stories in YL classroom
- Teaching vocabulary
- Grammar is fun
- Classroom language
- Teaching Teenagers
- Evaluating and exploiting/supplementing course books
Evaluation and assessment
- You will have to complete all the course tasks to a satisfactory standard in order to receive the Teaching Young Learners Certificate
- You will have to fully participate, both face-to-face and online
- Must be a certified teacher
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be a native / fluent English speaker
Ingrid den Hollander:
I really enjoyed this course. In just a few hours I learned how teaching young learners is different from teaching adults. I wasn’t sure whether I wanted to teach the very young learners before, but I am now excited to try it. I particurly liked the face-to-face lessons, which were fun and informative. I got a lot of ideas for games and activities that I will be able to use in the classroom. I would recommend the course to anyone who wants to be creative as a teacher and/or is curious about teaching young learners.
This course has been a great help to me. Thank you! I now feel more confident with ways to manage the classroom and prepare resources for young learners. I now have lots of ideas for games, activities, stories and songs to use in the classroom. I now know how to plan and develop my own lessons. I found it particularly helpful to share ideas on adapting tasks for different age groups and to hear the teacher’s tips and suggestions in relations to teaching vocabulary and managing games effectively.
Dr. Amanda Sepahzad:
The young learner course took me back to my childhood and reminded me of the beautiful and happy days I spent at school. The course showed me how to become a fun, creative and motivating teacher within the classroom. No matter what their cultural background is, a child is a child – so it is important to enhance their learning potential, not only in an academic manner, but also through games, songs and arts. These are all vital to their cognitive development.
1. Tuesday 2nd & Thursday 4th October 2018 (10:00 – 14:00 both days).
2. Tuesday 18th & Thursday 20th December 2018 (10:00 – 14:00 both days)
Save with our SPECIAL OFFERS!
Special offer 1: Sign up with a friend and get 50% discount p.p.
Special offer 2: Sign up for more than one teacher development course and get 50% discount per course